Catch a quick glimpse of what the Millers have been up to!







10.31.2011

Boo!

Did I scare you? Well I hope not. Because I hate scary things. Halloween really creeps me out. Don't get me wrong. I love to carve pumpkins and dress the kids up in cute costumes but, for me, the fun stops there. Corn mazes and blood and goblins Creep. Me. Out. And don't even get me started on the scariest place I have ever stepped foot in-the Halloween Store. Or adults in costumes. Seriously, people. You are a GROWN UP! And tomorrow I will get to spend my day with 22 5-year-olds who have had way too much junk food and way too little sleep. Jealous?



All that being said, I had a great day! In fact all weekend we have been having a ton of Halloween fun. It started on Friday when we finally got around to carving our pumpkins.





 Abby's pumpkin is a princess...and it is almost as big as she is!!
Ben's is a football player.  A scary football player.
 

Notice the high heels the princess pumpkin is wearing?  She had a wedding dress too but we just couldn't figure out how to make it work...
 We have a hard time getting to everywhere we want to go in one night so on Saturday we made our first stop at my parents house.
 Tonight, we fueled up for our big night of trick or treating with a very scary dinner.  (Well, not that scary because, as you know, I hate that stuff.)  What did we eat?  Well guts and blood of course.  And eyeballs!
We also ate witches fingers,

 and brains.  (Full disclosure, this actually started out as worms but they melted together so I had to make a last minute adjustment.)
 For dessert we had skeletons!
 Then my little scuba diver and mermaid headed out on a 2 and a half hour trick or treating marathon.


 A lot of work, but well worth it!
Now, bring on November because that means Thanksgiving and the minute Thanksgiving is over I get to start getting ready for Christmas, which I love.  Because it isn't scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment