Catch a quick glimpse of what the Millers have been up to!







8.23.2013

Family Fun Day

Today was the day!  Finally!!!  After waiting for more than a year, we finally were able to go to the American Girl Doll store!  It's quite a drive from our house so we got up nice and early and Abby got out the shopping list she made...
 And when we finally got there Abby and McKenna couldn't have been happier!!
 That place is amazing!!  No detail is spared, I'll tell ya that much.  Abby reads the catalogs like they are books but I was kind of surprised how much she knew about ALL of the dolls and their accessories.  After a quick tour, she got to work. 

 Even Ben had fun trying everything out!!


 It took her a while to narrow it down, but she finally decided on a shirt, a hoodie, a brush and of course, a pair of clogs.
 I barely pay $14 for a hoddie for myself, so you know I wasn't about to drop that for a doll (although, at least she won't grow out of it!) so Abby ponied up the fifty big ones for her loot. 
 Now before you go thinking I'm too cheap, I did spring for a new hairdo for McKenna (because the last time I tried to do her hair it was more of a disaster than when I do my daughter's-see example above and below).

 Abby watched intently
 and even got to pick out a ribbon for her hair!
Oh, and somehow I agreed that the entire family needed to buy McKenna birthday presents while we were there.  So $30 later, McKenna has a pair of glass, some new earrings and a watch with a changeable band.  Don't worry.  As soon as we got home we hid them so McKenna won't find them between now and her birthday, which is apparently November 12th.




Luckily for Ben, the Lego store is right next to American Girl.  He is saving his money to buy a quad so he just went in to look.
 That lasted about six seconds...


 3 Lego sets and almost 2 years worth of allowance later
 he was a happy boy!!

 

After all of the fun, it was time for school clothes shopping.  And that's when this happened...

 See the shoes on the right?  They belong to a little (bigger by the day!) girl who told me today that my style is plain.

Abby (looking at a blousy flowery red shirt): "Mom!!  You have to get this!!"
Me:  "Ummmm, that's not really my style."
Abby:  "What is your style?"
Me (showing her a green long sleeve shirt):  "I like this."
Abby: "Your style is plain."

I fear this is just the beginning.

Also, don't tell anyone but...


No comments:

Post a Comment